Add an image/text advert to your homepage which is great for pushing important aspects of the site.
Before you start this tweak, it's a good idea to run through our preparation checklist below:
- Read through the Getting Started to get a better sense of how the Control Panel, Database and Front End store interact.
- Learn our recommended Simple Workflow. This makes the implementation process as easy as possible.
- Create a new Staging Theme for this tweak. This allows you to preview any changes before they are visible to live customers.
Step 1: Setup the ad group
To add an advert to the homepage you will first need to create an advert group.
- In the control panel, go to
Setup & tools > All settings & tools > Webstore Advertising Groups.
- Setup a new advert group named
Step 2: Create the adverts
Create an advert and set the "Group" to
ad_units and "Select location for ad to appear" to "Home".
Step 3: Add the homepage code
/httpdocs/assets/themes/[THEME-NAME]/templates/cms/home.template.html and paste the following code into the template where you would like it to appear.
[%advert type:'text' template:'text' limit:'10' ad_group:'ad_units'%] [%param *header%] <div class="row"> [%/param%] [%param *footer%] </div> [%/param%] [%/advert%]
Customising this section
More information on how to customise this section can be found within the Advert Documentation.