Add up to 3 testimonials on your webstore to promote confidence in your company.
Before you start this tweak, it's a good idea to run through our preparation checklist below:
- Read through the Getting Started to get a better sense of how the Control Panel, Database and Front End store interact.
- Learn our recommended Simple Workflow. This makes the implementation process as easy as possible.
- Create a new Staging Theme for this tweak. This allows you to preview any changes before they are visible to live customers.
- The code snippet in this tweak doc uses Bootstrap 4, you may need to alter this code depending on what version of Bootstrap your theme is using. You can find out what version your theme is using here.
Step 1: Create a new content type
Create a new content type with the following details:
- Name: Testimonials
- Unique Code: testimonials (make sure it's all lowercase)
- Show in control panel menu: tick
- Fields visible in control panel: untick all fields except for "Description 1" and rename to "Testimonial"
Step 2: Setup a testimonial
- Open the new content type you just created (Webstore > Testimonials) and create a new page.
- Enter in the customers name and testimonial and upload a photo using the "Main Image" field.
Step 3: Open the homepage template
The homepage template can be found here
Step 4: Add the code into template
Paste the following code into the template where you would like the element to appear.
[%thumb_list type:'content' content_type:'testimonials' filter_content:'' limit:'3'%] [%param *header%] <section class="row text-center my-3" aria-label="Testimonials"> <div class="col-12"> <h2>Testimonials</h2> <div class="row align-items-center justify-content-center mb-2"> [%/param%] [%param *body%] <article class="col-12 col-lg-4" role="testimonial" aria-label="[@content_name@]"> <p>[%format type:'text' maxlength:'380' rmhtml:'1'%][@content_description1@][%/format%]</p> [%if [@content_name@]%]<strong><i class="fa fa-user mr-2"></i> [@content_name@]</strong>[%/if%] </article> [%/param%] [%param *footer%] </div> </div> </section> [%/param%] [%/thumb_list%]
Customising this Section
More information on how to customise this section can be found within the Thumb List Documentation.